Tuesday, 23 June 2009

Terchen Chokgyur Lingpa Remembered


In this week of anniversaries of great nineteenth and twentieth century Tibetan Buddhist masters, today marks the anniversary of Chokgyur Lingpa (1829-1870), one of the most famous treasure revealers (tertön) of Tibet.

A contemporary of Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo and Jamgön Kongtrul, Chokgyur Lingpa was one of the major tertöns in Tibetan history, whose termas (revealed treasures) are widely practiced by both the Kagyu and Nyingma schools of Tibetan Buddhism.

In fact, one of the most familiar prayers among Rigpa's daily practices is a terma revelation of Chokgyur Lingpa - The Prayer to Guru Rinpoche for Removing Obstacle and Fulfilling Wishes, known simply as Du Sum Sangye.

Chokgyur Lingpa's amazing life story is vividly recounted by his great-grandson Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche in the book Blazing Splendor.

1 comment:

anareis said...

I an doing a campaign for donations to my project of the comunitat minibiblioteca and other activities for children and adolescents in my community lacking here in Rio de Janeiro,i need help of all people of good heart,you candonate or 5.00 to 20.00 mandar on your heart,my community is very much the poor need your donation to be made by carta(correspondencia).Para donate just send me an email and i will give the address of the referral letter,my email is: asilvareis10@gmail.com Make a estream of donations and youwill abençõar.Quem GOD gives to the poor lends to GOOD.Faça a visit to my blogs:Eulucinha.blogspot.com , I agradecida.Que GOOD bless uns